Monday, November 14, 2011

Dancing Queen

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

~ Irish Saying

Life is like a cup of tea, it's all in how you make it!
~ Irish Saying


I have two great weaknesses in life: tea and dancing. 

Or should I say strengths.

A day without both of these is a day wasted.


There are fewer things more comforting and relaxing than sipping a warm cup of afternoon tea while curled up with a captivating novel or catching up on the latest gossip with your girlfriends. 


And there are fewer things more exhilirating than spinning, twisting and twirling around the floor, be it in a ballroom or right in the middle of your living room with the windows open, letting in the breezy, night air to cool your overheated body.


These two things I never went without in my college days.

Time was set aside religiously every weekday afternoon for tea (and other times in between). Jasmine would accompany our musings on Aristotelian ethics, while chamomile would be our tisane of choice during our discussion of outfits and bangles to wear to the weekend party. 

Saturday nights I would mix the music for our well-attended dances, running up and down the stairs of the loft between songs as I couldn't stand to miss a beat!


I would flip and fly practicing aerials with my favorite dance partner, even busting my nose open on the hardwood floor once with a misstep. But even that wouldn't keep me down...I was back out there the next weekend.


My time for both has lessened these days. I don't take enought time to slow down for tea or get my heart racing swinging the night away.


 A college friend of mine recently gave me this cup, reminding me of my college nickname -- 'Dancing Queen.' It is a constant reminder to practice and hold fast to the things I love...and live up to my name!


(Recently stumbled across information about a tea dance...next on the list when it's time to plan a party!)

No comments: